What is the best distro for starting linux kernel development?

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 06:40:43 EST 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar
<chambilkethakur at gmail.com> wrote:
> Linus Torvalds and Alan Cox use Fedora(or other redhat distros), though Alan
> talked about shifting to other distros due to his annoyance with Fedora.

Nit -picking here...but Linus does not Fedora...if anything, I think,
he _hates_ Fedora and Gnome (3)! :)

A more informed answer on Quora:
http://www.quora.com/Linux/What-Linux-distribution-does-Linus-Torvalds-use-on-his-MacBook-Air

I saw a G+ post of his where he was very pleased with the Samsung
pixel running ChromeOS. Though that was not for development purpose
(only reading stuff).

-mandeep