Regarding enumerating Block devices registered in kernel mode

vaibhav vaibhav92 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 12 03:47:07 EST 2013

Thanks for replying Richard,

I need to access the blockdevice structure associated with each block device
so that I can patch its block_device_operations to receive ioctls calls in
my code. In my code I check for ioctls that I handle and pass it to the
original ioctl handler if the ioctl is not understood by me.

I intend to patch these block_device structures during my module
initialization hence I need to iterate all BD's available in the system at
that point. Also need to keep track of new BD's appearing in the system so
that I can patch them as soon as they are available.

Thanks Again,
VJ