Packet loss in a bridge

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 00:14:03 EST 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 1:56 AM, Anil Joshi <aj27744 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have created a bridge on two nics on the same machine.
> The machine having a bridge is an intermediate machine to send packets
> across network.
> I am seeing much packet loss in the intermediate machine (i think due to
> bridge "brctl")
>
> How to avoid it?
>
> Thanks
> Anil

Could be anything.... kernel traffic control, too many iptables rules
(AFAIK, too many iptables could slow down packet processing, thus can
not cope with high burst) etc.

I think better run tcpdump and save the result as pcap. Then load it
in latest Wireshark. Maybe you can get better clues there.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant