scsi subsystem in linux

nidhi mittal hada nidhimittal19 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 08:04:47 EST 2013

*Setting of sd_prep_fn()*
sd_probe is called* whenever a* *new scsi device is attached to the
system.  *

sd_probe  calls ->  sd_probe_async->
        inside sd_probe_async, request prep fn is set to *sd_prep_fn*

*Calling of sd_prep_fn*
?????

Is this request queue sdp->request_queue, different from the request queue,
for which scsi_prep_fn is used??

Are they on different layers ?

Is there some relation between them ?

Thanks