One confusion about PTE modification on page migration

frank kang frank.kanchy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 04:56:07 EST 2013

Hello all,

I think i clear up the confusion myself, and would like to share to you.
For the above case, It's OK it will go to do_anonymous_page(...).
In do_anonymous_page, it will try to get the pte lock, but the pte lock is
already hold by migration routine.
So it will release new-allocated page and let the page fault to fail. I
think it will trigger a-retry for page fault.
That solves my doubt.

Thanks to all of you!

Frank