Not able to get crash dump

neha naik nehanaik27 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 13:31:49 EDT 2013

Hi All,
  I have loaded the linux crashdump on ubuntu machine. I can manually
generate the crashdump by the 'echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger'.
However, i am having a panic in a module i have written, which is not
generating a core dump. I simply see the stack in the console and it kind of
hangs there. I have to manually power it off and power it on ...
   Can someone explain why this happens? Is it because the kernel has gone
into such a state that it cannot even follow the procedure for
crash dump.

Regards,
Neha