now in progress -- tutorial on udev

Haix64 hossein.aix64 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 14:46:54 EDT 2013

On 03/16/13 19:07, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>    a bit premature but the simple "USB devices" page i started earlier
> was to allow me to set the stage for a tutorial on udev i've wanted to
> write for a while.  it's *barely* started, but it's here:
>
> http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Udev
>
> and will use as the basis for a hands-on example the aforementioned
> USB-serial cable, since that seemed like the simplest device i could
> expect others could lay hands on if they wanted to follow along and
> actually watch udev processing in real time.
>
>    much more to come on the udev page by end of day ...
>
> rday
>
> p.s.  if others have a suggestion for a device that could be used for
> hands-on udev that's cheap, easy to find and doesn't overwhelm the
> beginner with udev processing, i'm open to suggestions.
>
> again, all this will eventually end up in one of my courses, no idea
> where yet.

Hi. Yeah, thanks for the contents; the work looks fine despite it's age,
but I don't get one thing: Isn't this frequency of advertisement in THIS
list almost an ad for your website in general, Robert? Coz 1 mail, and
everyone would know of your website... well, presuming a supposedly
hungry audience!

Thank you.