Regarding GPIO driver module

Rajesh Bhaskaran cb.rajesh.in at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 01:53:43 EST 2013

Hi all ,

I was trying to write a GPIO driver module for Hawkboard , in order to
toggle the LEDs connected to the GPIOs .

I am using a OMAP L138 processor , and am trying to do a ioremap of the
physical address space to the Kernel's virtual address space . But I guess
I am not able to figure out the exact base address of the GPIO bank .

I am basically trying to toggle the GPIO Bank 6 . I went through the OMAP
L138 reference manual , but am unable to find the base address . Afterwards
I plan to use the ioctl function to toggle the LEDs .

Attaching herewith the link to the OMAP L138 reference manual . Reference
manual : www.ti.com/lit/ug/spruh77a/spruh77a.pdf

Could anyone kindly guide me , on the procedure to decipher the Baseaddress
of the GPIO Bank 6 from the Reference manual ?

Thanks in advance !

Cheers ,
~RCB~