Module compilation error

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 21:07:51 EST 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Pietro Paolini <pulsarpietro at aol.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried, as beginner, to compile a simple module downloaded by
> internet, hello_printk, I am using ArchLinux and I followed the
> simplest way for compile a new kernel tree from here :
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernels/Compilation/Arch_Build_System
>
> But when I try to compile I catch these errors:
>
> echo >&2 "  ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.";           \
> echo >&2 "         include/generated/autoconf.h or
> include/config/auto.conf are missing.";\
> echo >&2 "         Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src

try the suggested above step. IIRC, those commands will do things like
preparing the neccessary object files, headers and so on, so it is
ready for you to be used on your kernel programming.

Apologize since I can't provide deeper details about this.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant