Why is that the write speed of DDR SDRAM are faster than the DDR2

Peter Teoh htmldeveloper at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 11:16:35 EDT 2013

these are tradeoff between DDR2 (for higher speed, but higher read
latencies) vs DDR (lower speed + read latencies).

so if u make the bus speed the same for both, then DDR2's higher latencies
will make it slower than DDR.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/DDR_vs_DDR2

and a technical comparison charts in numbers:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=784_LPBB_DDR

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM, devendra.aaru <devendra.aaru at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two different types of hardware, one with DDR SDRAM and another
> DDR2,
> i tested them with bw_mem tool for write bandwidths, seems that at
> higher writes of  >512kbytes the DDR is faster than the DDR2(more than
> 40%). But when compared to reads, DDR is slower (more than 50%). I
> couldn't find any reference that explains why. AFAIK, the DDR2 works
> double the faster rate than the DDR.
>

> any ideas?
>
> Thanks,

Regards,