Where is the system call table in linux kernel v3.9?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Jul 19 05:01:16 EDT 2013

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 13:25:35 +0530, Prashant Shah said:
> You can even use filp_open(), vfs_read(), vfs_write() if sys_* is not available
> https://github.com/prashants/km/blob/master/filerw/filerw.c

The reasons to not do file I/O from inside the kernel are many and well
documented.  Of course, if you're trying to do something like unionfs
or fuse, you may not have a choice.

And if you're doing something like that, it is probablly better to *avoid*
using the sys_* calls even if they are available, but instead use filp_open()
and the vfs_ functions.