Importing system call as a module function

Saket Sinha saket.sinha89 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 15:35:31 EDT 2013

This is to discuss the problems I am facing with a driver built on a
 2.6.18 kernel.

In the driver code, a system call has been  imported as a module function.
 Can this be done? The module is building all right without any error.

I am providing the link to the source code repository for the same to
understand this problem.

 Here is the function definition in the module code-
https://github.com/HeisSpiter/hepunion/blob/096b2950aaf0626abf51098195b89bde28c8178c/fs/hepunion/helpers.c#L470

This function long mkdir(......) has most probably imported sytem call
sys_mkdir since no other instance of mkdir is there in the kernel source
tree.
http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.18/include/linux/syscalls.h#L389

Please somebody explain this.

Regards,