On Robert's Love Linux kernel development 3rd edtion

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Jul 7 07:02:57 EDT 2013

On Sun, 7 Jul 2013, TD wrote:

> Hi,I'm trying to lean linux kernel dev.
> I bought Robert's love book : "Linux Kernel develpment"
>
> This book is based on the linux version 2.6.
> I can see  in the kernel.org site that the latest stable version of ther kernel is 3.9.9.
>
> So my question is : what is the most efficient way to learn from this book  ?
> 1) Download the 2.6 version and follow the examples and explanations based from this version
> 2) Download the 3.9.9 version and try to adapt the examples and explanations of the book.
> 3) Download both so that I can see the differences.
>
> Any other idea or suggestion is very welcomed.

  As the teechnical editor of that book, I once started a wiki page to
keep track of ongoing developments. The page is not world-writable
given the grief from spammers but here it is:

  http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Updates_to_LKD3

It's very much a work-in-progress and I update it whenever I get the
time, so there's still a lot to do. But if you're interested and want
to follow along and find things in the book that are clearly out of
date, you can email me the change and I'll verify it and add it to the
wiki page, and everyone is welcome to stay up to date.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca