Is "make rpm-pkg" and "make binrpm-pkg" same?

Bin Wang wbin00 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:00:32 EST 2013

Hi, Anuz

Thanks for your help. It turns out that "build source RPM package" means
it will make a SRPM package in path/to/rpmbuild/SRPM.

On 2013/01/15/ 23:56, Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar wrote:
> I think this very distribution specific question. RPMs are mostly used by
> Redhat based distros, Suse distro and probably few others.
> I would suggest asking this question of distro mailing list.
It is a distro specified question. I don't know it until I have a basic
understand of RPM packages. In fact, there is a comment in
scripts/package/Makefile:

# The rpm target generates two rpm files:
# /usr/src/packages/SRPMS/kernel-2.6.7rc2-1.src.rpm
# /usr/src/packages/RPMS/i386/kernel-2.6.7rc2-1.<arch>.rpm

Sorry for did not notice it at the first time.

Bin Wang