How to wake_up the wait_queue of a socket?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Jan 15 12:25:10 EST 2013

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:50:03 +0800, horseriver said:

>    When one datagram has reached , How to wake_up the wait_queue of that socket ?

Please clarify your question - I'm not sure which of the following you mean:

1) How does the kernel wake up the waiting process when a datagram
arrives?

2) My kernel is failing to wake up the process, how do I fix it?

3) The kernel is waking the process up, but with high latency and I
want to speed it up.

4) I'm trying to wake up a process for some reason when a datagram arrives
(in which case, you're probably doing something wrong and we need to
discuss what you're trying to achieve)

Let us know in more detail what you wanted to know....