what is SYSCALL in arch/i386/kernel/Makefile

horseriver horserivers at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 23:33:04 EST 2013

On Sun, Jan 06, 2013 at 01:01:47PM +0100, richard -rw- weinberger wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM, horseriver <horserivers at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi:
> >
> >  In arch/i386/kernel/Makefile , there is a SYSCALL , what is it ?
>
> Nobody can help you without providing more information.
> Current kernels don't have arch/i386/kernel/Makefile.
> i386 and x86_64 got merged a long time ago....

thanks !

when make in my arch/i386/kernel dir , gcc need to build a .so file ,
	 it calls ld to link ,but failed with this error :

	 not enough room for program headers ,I know it is due to SIZEOF_HEADER buidin function,

	 but I do not know how to fix it

	 ld has been told to link with specilized ld-script ,which not use SIZEOF_HEADER.

	 so I feel it is confusing

	 appreciate for helps!