Kernelnewbies Digest, Vol 26, Issue 1

Ganesh B ganeshsurfs at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 07:39:43 EST 2013

Hello Dave,

So I have to do the kernelversion.xz extraction in linux OS and then build, right? I am extracting this in another OS, got the problem. Thank you very much.

Why would I get the following errors, though they would not stop the build process? Any help?

1> Where do I change the annotation of snd_hda_build_pcms?

WARNING: sound/pci/hda/built-in.o(.text+0x54bc5): Section mismatch in reference from the function azx_probe_continue() to the function .devinit.text:snd_hda_build_pcms()
The function azx_probe_continue() references
the function __devinit snd_hda_build_pcms().

This is often because azx_probe_continue lacks a __devinit
annotation or the annotation of snd_hda_build_pcms is wrong.

OR

WARNING: sound/built-in.o(.text+0x266d0d): Section mismatch in reference from the function azx_probe_continue() to the function .devinit.text:snd_hda_build_pcms()
The function azx_probe_continue() references
the function __devinit snd_hda_build_pcms().
This is often because azx_probe_continue lacks a __devinit
annotation or the annotation of snd_hda_build_pcms is wrong.

2>

sound/pci/rme9652/hdspm.c: In function ‘snd_hdspm_create_controls’:
sound/pci/rme9652/hdspm.c:4597:20: warning: ‘limit’ may be used uninitialized in this function

TnR,

Ganesh B