How to measure the RAM read/write performance

sandeep kumar coolsandyforyou at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 05:08:00 EST 2013

>"volatile" only say to the compiler to not put the variable in a register.
>Could i ask why does you want to mesure the speed of the RAM ? Is it to
study the NUMA behavior of the machine?

In development phase of the board, we are trying to measure RAM performance
gain while changing type of the RAM.
The standard benchmark tools are giving us the Cache performance only. So
we want to try some method to measure RAM performance.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Karaoui mohamed lamine
<moharaka at gmail.com>wrote:

>> Hey i tried. But still is showing the same time for int & volatile int.
>>

> "volatile" only say to the compiler to not put the variable in a register.
> Could i ask why does you want to mesure the speed of the RAM ? Is it to
> study the NUMA behavior of the machine?
>

>> Thanks
>> Sandeep
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM, ankur dwivedi <ankurengg2003 at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I am not sure but what if you make the variable as a volatile?

>>> --
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Ankur Dwivedi
>>>

>> --