How to measure the RAM read/write performance

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 10:35:35 EST 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 6:31 PM, sandeep kumar
<coolsandyforyou at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
> In performance benchmark tools, When we profile read/write timings mostly,
> those read/writes are done to cache only.
>
> I want to measure my DDR(RAM chip) performance.
> So i want to make sure, every read/write should happen to DDR RAM chip only.

let' see....

what if you do read and write pattern, in certain order so that it
will be invalidated by the L1/L2/L3 cache everytime?

AFAIK, one thing for sure, reading data from sequentially and re-read
them will make end up reading cache in the 2nd operation and so on.

I think the most certain way to do it is to read data (or write) data
bigger than total L1/L2/L3 cache.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa