Sending an IP packet

Rami Rosen roszenrami at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:28:42 EST 2013

Hi, Adel,
  - In your first message you said you are using kernel modules.
  - In case you intend to add code in ICMP for your special
requirements from the control protocol,  then this seems not a good
idea (because this means patching the kernel for using your module;
and probably such patches will not go to mainline)
I don't know of any usage of ICMP for  purposes beyond what is
declared in the ICMP RFC.

regards,
Rami Rosen
http://ramirose.wix.com/ramirosen