.a library support for android

Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar chambilkethakur at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 06:24:30 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Shivaprasad Imdapur <
shiv.imdapur at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   I got some library file to support Biometric sensor device for android.
> The library is libfpc4030.a
>
>  My Doubts are,
>
> 1. What is *.a" file?

A bit of googling would reveal that *.a are static library files on any
unix system.

> 2. Is libfpc4030.a is an driver support library ?. If so where exactly
> keep this in android source code and compile?

A better place to ask this question would be android mailing list.

> 2. These library file  will communicate directly to hardware or we need to
> write any driver support code ?

AFAIK, the libraries make system call to kernel which in turn interacts
with hardware using device drivers.

> Thanks

Thank you
Warm Regards