V4L2 Framework

Kaushal Billore kaushalbillore at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 17 23:29:00 EST 2013

I have some doubt regarding Linux kernel V4l2 API's.
When
 capture application calls Reqbuff ioctl to allocate n no of buffer
which would belongs to v4l2 layer and display application calls the
Reqbuff ioctl to allocate N no of buffer which would also belongs to
device memory.

Question:
1. V4l2 maintains the generic layer
for all devices in which buffers can be allocated by any device and can
be handle by any device?

2. If not then while capturing the data
from capture device can capture device allocated buffer gets filled and
while displaying the same data  there memory copy happens between
capture buffer and output buffers?

3. If not then I want to capture data from capture device and display onto display device through the v4l2 framework layer.

Awaiting for responce!

Thanks in advance
Kaushal