hard disk dirver

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Feb 6 12:50:37 EST 2013

On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:21:17 +0800, horseriver said:
>    At booting stage,kernel need to detect the hard device before mount it,
>    does this work  need pci's surport?

That depends.  Is the controller for the hard drive a PCI-based controller? On
most x86-based boxes, it is (and I'm not sure it's even possible to build an
x86 kernel that doesn't have PCI as a =y in the config).  However, very old
units may still have ISA based disk controllers, and other archs may have other
I/O buses.

>    At loading stage ,boot loader need to move binaries from hard disk partition
>    to ram,does this work need pci's surport?

Same as above.