help with grub rescue?

John Smith horserivers at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 23:21:16 EST 2013

hi:
    Excuse me !
    Can you help me with my grub error?

    After I upgrade grub to grub2 , my linux can not boot up. When
load from hd1.
    screen prints this:
                 symbol not found :"grub-putchar"
                 entering rescu mode ...
                 grub rescue >

     I searched google for solutions.It seems that I shoude repair my
grub files.
     But in this mode ,I only can use "ls"  and "set" command . can not
     use "insmode" command ? so I feel  difficulty to fix  it . Is
there any     method to activate all the commands?

     Can I use a bootable  floppy image to boot my linux ?
     I have  download a  bootgrub image file ,
     I can use this file directly as a floppy device .and can boot
from it , only to see a boot list
     on the screen . I should select which item to boot ? or something
other additional to do?

thanks!