Need help in configuring kernel

m silverstri michael.j.silverstri at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 20:01:01 EST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to build kernel with v4l2 features enable.
I added these in my defconfig file (and necessary dependancy , and compile,

CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2=y

I see those are included in the generated .config file, which is what I
expected:
#
# Multimedia core support
#
CONFIG_MEDIA_CAMERA_SUPPORT=y
# CONFIG_MEDIA_ANALOG_TV_SUPPORT is not set
# CONFIG_MEDIA_DIGITAL_TV_SUPPORT is not set
# CONFIG_MEDIA_RADIO_SUPPORT is not set
# CONFIG_MEDIA_RC_SUPPORT is not set
# CONFIG_MEDIA_CONTROLLER is not set
CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2=y

My problem is when I add CONFIG_VIDEOBUF2_CORE to my defconf, I don't that
include in the generated .config file (the one that I mentioned above).
CONFIG_VIDEOBUF2_CORE=y

I have checked that CONFIG_VIDEOBUF2_CORE has no dependency.
http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/VIDEOBUF2_CORE.html

Hence , the causes my compilation fails.

Any one has any idea how to fix my problem?

Thank you.