How to test my patches for the (staging) android driver?

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Wed Dec 4 13:53:36 EST 2013

On 04-12-2013 10:17:23, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> If at all possible, you should cross-compile for an appropriate architecture
> and actually boot and test the code in question.  There's lots of ways
> to write code in C that compiles cleanly, looks correct, but is subtly
> wrong for some reason.

Thank you for your reply!

How to cross-compile and even more important: How to test? I
do not have devices for testing! Should I try it in a VM?

What I can do is checking if the object file is the same before and
after my stylefix patches. But I think this does not work for
functions I split up into several smaller ones...

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,

Proudly sent with mutt.