Help - Linux kernel and Device drivers

Tharanga Abeyseela tharanga.abeyseela at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 21:16:57 EDT 2013

Hi ,

I have done C and some Linux kernel programming (only Netfilter
sockets,iptables), but now i decided to learn more on Linux kernel level,
device drivers..

so i bought Robert  Loves (Kernel development) book, device driver 3rd ed
(orelly), and Understanding Linux kernel 3rd edition as my base reference,
with Operating system design concepts (dragon book).

Do i need to read at least one book before do some kernel level stuff or
what is the best way to learn  kernel programming and device driver
area...(i consider myself as a newbie to the kernel/device drivers)

Really appreciate your expert advice on this

Best Regards,