Yaffs2 on None-ECC MTD

Woody Wu narkewoody at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 08:37:56 EDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 12:58:41PM +0200, richard -rw- weinberger wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Woody Wu <narkewoody at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does Yaffs2 file system has its own capabilities to do ECC? My NAND
> > driver for some reason cannot enable ECC yet.  Also I want to ask the
> > same question to Jffs2.
>
> The Linux MTD subsystem is able to do software ECC.

By far, I cannot enable any kind of ECC from MTD yet, since my u-boot
has some problem cannot do correct ECC and my root file system image is
flashed by u-boot. If I enabled ECC from MTD, my root file system cannot
mount.

Do you know whethe Yaffs2/Jffs2 has their own build-in ECC function?
Googled this but not get clear answer.

--
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then