VT paramter doesn't take effect - global_cursor_default

Woody Wu narkewoody at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 01:43:19 EDT 2013

Hi,

I was trying to set a module parameter for vt.c, I set it in command
line as "global_cursor_default=0".  After that, I debug the kernel by
printing and check the /sys/modules/vt/parameters/global_cursor_default,
all found the parameter did not take effect. The corresponding static
variable is still keep its default value of -1.

What's wrong with my operations?

Thanks in advance.

--
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then