what will kernel_execve() does..?

sandeep kumar coolsandyforyou at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 08:07:17 EDT 2013

Hi All

I m having a doubt about.. what kernel_execve() does...? As per the comment
it should make the kernel thread a user space process.

I am doing a kernel bringup.
while launching the init process, i was struck in this function...

kernel_execve() in arch./arm/kernel/sys_arm.c
I am feeling i  was struck in some kind of infinite loop here..and program
control is not reaching till user space init process's main function.

*Can someone tell me, is there any condition that i am missing here,
failing which the kernel will struck in infinite loop and doesnt switch to
user space?*

--
With regards,
Sandeep Kumar Anantapalli,