Why the niceness is not always taken into account ?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Apr 18 13:30:58 EDT 2013

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 17:56:58 +0200, Alexandre Laurent said:

> My question was more like : is there a way (like giving hint) to ask
> the autogroup system to group two SSH sesssions in order to get nice
> behaving as expected without disabling the whole autogroup system.

Sure.  Launch both SSH'es so they have the same control terminal.

(And yes, that does get problematic, trying to run two ssh'es in the
same xterm/whatever :)

SCHED_AUTOGROUP is *not*, repeat *NOT* very flexible.  It implements one
policy that happens to be very simple to code and yet work well for a lot
of use cases.  You want something different, you can't use AUTOGROUP for it.