scheduler context

ratheesh kannoth ratheesh.ksz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 12:13:21 EDT 2013

I would like to understand on linux scheduler context. I have read a
lot in websites and i could find
contradictory statement. There are so many mailing list also ,but with
less info. I would really appreciate
if anybody could spend some time answering my question.

1. Which context scheduler run ? ( process context or interrupt context ).
2. scheduler is the guy  who picks up the next candidate to run.  if
it gets interrupted by hardirq, what will happen ?
3. if scheduler run in process context , how bottom half are scheduled ?
4. In smp, schedule() function may be called  simultaneously. How it
is handled ?
5. When a bottom half is interrupted  by hard irq, how softirq kernel
thread saves the state and restart it later ? ...what i mean is , an
   hardirq came and its isr executed. bottom half enabled and bottom
half gets scheduled . Before bottom half is completed , next irq
   came and it enables bottom half , and the new bottom half is
scheduled ....So here , what will happen to old bottom half , will it
again
   run later ?

Thanks,
Ratheesh