So I want to get some kernel routine called....

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Apr 16 19:56:28 EDT 2013

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:33:17 -0700, Arlie Stephens said:

> I have some kernel routine I'd like to get called, with the decision
> to call it made in user space.

The proper answer here is *highly* dependent on exactly what this routine
has to do once it's called.

Can you explain the problem the routine is trying to solve?  Quite often,
by the time you get to the "i need to call a routine" stage, you've stopped
seeing the forest for the trees, and stepping back and looking at the actual
problem to be solved rather than a proposed solution will provide insight.