Module needs to lookup its own symbols at runtime.

Neil Baylis neil.baylis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 13:56:12 EDT 2013

I have a kernel loadable module that needs to be able to lookup its own
symbols at runtime. I.e., given a string that represents the name of the
symbol, the module needs to find the address. Preferably, this should work
for symbols that are not marked 'EXPORT_SYMBOL' as well as those that are.
I used to be able to do this by calling parse_symbol() that's part of kdb,
but now my module is required to run without depending on kdb.

Is there an API that provides this functionality? Otherwise, any hints
about how to proceed would be helpful.