Linux from scratch

Alexandru Juncu alexj at rosedu.org
Thu Apr 11 03:40:30 EDT 2013

On 11 April 2013 09:34, Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Pietro Paolini <pulsarpietro at aol.com> wrote:
>> Did you achieve in compile and run the 1.0 Linux kernel on your system ? I am really curios !
>> Best Regards
>> Pietro .
>>

> I haven't tested that by myself. IIRC I only tried to run the provided
> disk image inside Qemu, but that's all.

With the 1.0 source I tried moving around header files. It seems that
it needs some files that are not provided. I was assuming they were
glibc libraries so I tried to get the glibc version from that date. No
success.

I always thought that all files needed for the kernel to compile were
just in the kernel sources. I don't know if that is true for that
version or not or I am missing something.

With the 0.01 DrAcOnUx' s remastered source. It didn't compile because
some assembly errors in a file.