Compiling the source RPM file.

Rajat Sharma fs.rajat at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 03:40:22 EDT 2012

If you already have a source rpm, rather use rpmbuild to automatically
apply patches and build rpm. When you install the source rpm, it will
create a directory hierarchy in your home directory something like this:
BUILD
SOURCES
SPEC
RPMS

SOURCES will hold the tar ball and SPEC holds rpm specification file, which
is the main file used for building rpm use this file and feed it to
rpmbuild command.

# rpmbuild -ba <spec file>

Also refer to maximum rpm, the ultimate reference about rpms:
http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/. I bet you will get everything you need to know
about rpm here.

-Rajat