Mult core cpus - SMP
kirjanov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 07:33:59 EDT 2012
Yes, for example IBM 970MP CPU:
• Dual processors on a single chip
– Each processor has its own dedicated storage subsystem, including a
1 MB L2 cache per core.
– Each processor has its own dedicated resets, external interrupt,
thermal diode, and voltage plane
(common logic is powered on).
– Common logic provides arbitration for bus access between the two cores.
– A single external interface allows a companion chip with a single
interface to support two processors.
On 9/13/12, Kshemendra KP <kshemendra at suphalaam.com> wrote:
> Does multi core CPU act like SMP system.
More information about the Kernelnewbies