memory management with mmap

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 01:57:34 EDT 2012

Hi...

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 3:02 AM, Sengottuvelan S
<sengottuvelan.s at gmail.com> wrote:
> For example,
>
> I have 2 different user space process A,B etc. I have to allocate memory in
> Kernel for each of those processes (for example 2 pages) .  Each process is
> allowed to use only 1 page using mmap from user space.
>
> Is it possible to do with mmap?.

Not sure, but I guess better to do it directly with page_alloc...or at
least kmalloc() to better utilize slab.

The thing that I think is hard to do, is to implement protection
scheme to make sure say process A won't access page allocated by
process B.

Hopefully I understand your goal correctly.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant