Etiquette of submitting patches for fixing coding style.

Eugene Voronkov eugene.voronkov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 16:27:50 EDT 2012

I watched Kroah-Hartman's video[1] on submitting patches where he walks
through the process of fixing coding style.  I feel like this would be a
good way for me to jump into the process but I need more information.  At
what point do code style patches stop being more trouble then they're worth
to the maintainers?  For example, running checkpatch.pl against all files
is showing around 3 non-trivial style violations per file.  Would a patch
fixing 12 violations across 4 files be worth submitting?

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLBrBBImJt4