looking for current, online kernel-related tutorials

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Oct 18 09:38:05 EDT 2012

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012, Sarah Sharp wrote:

> That's what I'm planning on doing to the wiki.  You're right that
> it's out of date and very disorganized.  So I'll take a crack at it
> and see if there's a better structure.

  i'm going to take a different approach to reorganizing all of the
tutorials at my site.  first, i'm going to get all the useful stuff
*out* of the wiki -- for this sort of thing, wikis are a waste of
time.  good for quick and dirty, utterly useless for anything else.

  instead, i'm going to move it all under drupal as books or stories
or whatever is appropriate, where only i will have the authority to
change the content, but people will be allowed to *comment* on
individual articles.  that way, i can post stuff and be notified down
the road by people leaving comments that something's changed and needs
updating (effectively crowdsourcing all of that work).

  at this point, i don't see any other way to do this that's as
effective.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca