How do I know what is the patch's parent?

devendra.aaru devendra.aaru at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 02:39:56 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 2:28 AM, Yang Chengwei <chengwei.yang at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I have a question when I try to apply kernel patches from mailing list.
> The question is how can I know it's parent so it can be apply without
> conflicts?

you can't, but this is not possible with patchset grabbing system, but
its with gerrit code review.

but if patch set [1/n] is there this is trivial to know from which to
which you can apply it up.
anyways its preferred to do patches on top of a maintainer's tree, so
that the patches wont' get
any conflicts.