quick online tutorial on system calls

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Oct 17 10:56:05 EDT 2012

  another in an ongoing series of things i'm just throwing together,
mostly to document stuff for my own benefit to use later in courseware
when i figure out what to do with it.  here's a summary i wrote this
morning on system calls, which turned out to be longer than i'd
planned (it just kind of got away from me):

  http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/System_calls

but a lot of it is just cutting and pasting kernel source for
explanatory purposes.  feedback welcome.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca