IPSec/IPv6 test gets unexpected ENOBUFS on connect on linux 3.2

Manavendra Nath Manav mnm.kernel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 04:58:15 EDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Bhushan Kumar
<Bhushan.Kumar at mphasis.com> wrote:
> HI,
>
> I am getting the below mentioned  error  for Linux kernel  3.2.18.i am
> looking for patch for the same. If anyone having suggestion\patch is  much
> appreciated . And I will be thankful for ASAP response.
>

> “ TCP/IPv6 test doing repeated heavy sending and reconnecting,  connect()s
>
> start to fail with ENOBUFS on the Linux 3.2.18. “

Your system is running low on memory. I don't think it is specific to
3.2.18. The kernel's buffers for I/O operations are all in use. In
GNU, this error is always synonymous with ENOMEM; you may get one or
the other from network operations.

--
Manavendra Nath Manav