[OT] Can a commercial company use software with GPLv2 for free?

Mohammed Gamal m.gamal005 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 16:34:05 EST 2012

Hi,
It also depends on what you mean by 'use'. If it is 'using' the GPLv2
code in your commercial software projects then you can not do that
unless your code is also GPL. But if you mean 'use' as in "We are a
graphic design company and we 'use' GIMP for commercial purposes (i.e
making posters, ads ... etc)", then of course you can use it.

Regards,
Mohammed