Problem in kernel compliation with config options

Vladimir Murzin murzin.v at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 01:41:10 EST 2012

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Aishwarya Sengottuvelan
<aishwarya.velan at gmail.com> wrote:
> HI,
>         I am trying to complie the kernel with CONFIG_STRICT_DEVMEM option
> enabled. I have done the following
>
> 1) In menuconfig i excluded Filter Access To dev/mem . I can see #
> CONFIG_STRICT_DEVMEM is not set in .config
> 2)  i did make clean;make;make modules_install,make install & then reboot
> 3) When i use mmap(/dev/mem,,,,) from user program, i still see the
> code(drivers/char/mem.c) executed within
> #ifdef CONFIG_STRICT_DEVMEM
>
> this is my dmesg |tail -10 output
> Program outmap tried to access /dev/mem between [mem 0x371fc000-0x371fcfff]
>
> What am i doing wrong?
>
> --Thanks

Hi

Have you booted with updated linux kernel? I suppose you have to make
choose in you bootloader menu, otherwise default configuration might
be used.
On runtime you can easily check what are you running upon by
$ uname -a
or
$ cat /proc/version

Best wishes