Question about pullsing source of a specific version using git

SADA SIVA REDDY S sadasiva.reddy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 05:04:17 EST 2012

Hi All,
   Apologies if this question should not have been asked here.  I am
looking at pulling code using git (git clone git://some path).
This path is same on www.kernel.org for any two close versions
say 3.2.9 and 3.2.6  - git://
git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git

How do I make my local copy same as the source code for 3.2.6 or 3.2.9 ?
I have tried reading git tutorials not in full to find an answer and I am
un successful so far.

If it's a simple answer could you please let me know.

Thanks,
SADA