correct CONFIG_HZ option

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 00:06:17 EDT 2012

Hi...

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 6:21 PM, solmac john <johnsolmac at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for reply
>
> what is CONFIG_NO_HZ

it enables so called dynamic tick....

> can we enable CONFIG_NO_HZ and CONFIG_HZ both in our config

yup...that's fine...even better, it's recommended nowadays to reduce
power consumption at certain degree.

> and what the drawback of dynamic CONFIG_NO_HZ tick.

uhm, some people said to me that in certain combination, config_no_hz
will introduce higher latency. This is due to the cost of occasional
timer rearming, instead of classic approach where timer is programmed
to shot regularly. But, if your setup is not very latency sensitive,
the overhead is most likely negligible.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa