geting weird semi-random panic on kmalloc

NorthPole morfeas3000 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 19:22:11 EDT 2012

@Mulyadi Santosa

several sources on the net suggested that interactive debuggers on the
kernel are a bad thing so I pushed it down on the todo kernel-skill stack
so I dont yet know how to use qemu's gdb with the kernel

Good news is I found the error (not me the folks at batman's irc channel
did)  the

memcpy(tvlv+sizeof(struct shortTvlv),value,length*sizeof(uint8_t)); needs
to be
memcpy((char *)tvlv+sizeof(struct shortTvlv),value,length*sizeof(uint8_t));

thanks for the assist everyone and if you have any good tutorials on qemu +
kernel +gdb i'll be thankfull