download the source code of some commands

AFT aftnix at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 09:31:33 EDT 2012

王哲 <wangzhe5004 at gmail.com> writes:

>   Hi all:
>        I want to see some source code of some commands,for
> example,halt,reboot,uptime,and so on.
>
> but i don't kown where to download?   can you give me some advice?
>

> Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Although this does not relate to kernel, you can still view the codes of
common linux/unix commands. ftp.gnu.org hosts most of commands in
different packaging. Like "coreutils", "findutils", "netutils" etc. And
standalone codes are there for "grep", "ed" etc.

You can also get a copy of freebsd dvd. Freebsd dvd's comes with full
source code of the core system.

cheers.