Delete IPv6 address

Rohan Doshi doshirohan1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 01:53:49 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to modify host ID generation process for IPv6 addresses.
Currently it generates host ID using ipv6_generate_eui64() in addrconf.c
and start DAD for newly generated address. If DAD fails, it calls
addrconf_dad_failure() and disables IPv6 on the interface using
idev->cnf.disable_ipv6=1.

I have used different algorithm for generating the host ID. What I want to
do now is that if DAD fails, it should remove previously generated IPv6
address (host ID) and start over. Any idea how to do that?

--
Rohan D. Doshi